Aloha Mortgage Solutions
Reverse Mortgages with Aloha
700 Bishop Street, Suite 210, Honolulu Hawaii 96813
(808) 799-8218 (Oahu)
Toll-Free from Neighbor Islands:
Hawaii Reverse Mortgage Information
The information below will help you better understand how Hawaii Reverse Mortgages work. Click the title of the article or the 'read more' link at the end of each snipit for the full information.
- Just like in other states, reverse mortgages in Hawaii are insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). Before doing a reverse mortgage in Hawaii, you need to understand the following: Are There Hidden Charges? Very few people understand that a reverse mortgage is similar to a conventional/forward mortgage in that it comes with ce…read more.
- There are many misconceptions and myths surrounding Reverse Mortgages. The most common of them is that the lender will take ownership of the Senior Homeowner’s property when they pass on, and the children will be left with the burden of repaying the debt. This is not true. As in a conventional (forward mortgage) there is a lien; howeve…read more.
- A reverse mortgage is a type of home equity loan that only available to senior homeowners. Unlike other types of loans (conventional/forward mortgage), this type of loan does not require monthly mortgage payments. Taxes, insurance, and maintenance are still required to be paid by the homeowner. This loan only needs to be repaid after…read more.
- To a senior homeowner, a reverse mortgage can be a much needed lifeline by providing an additional source of financial support for their retirement. Not only can it eliminate their monthly mortgage payment, it can also provide the necessary cash to put the Gold back in the Golden Years. Unfortunately not a lot of people know about this uniqu…read more.
- Most senior’s home equity is about 30-40 percent of their net worth. Regardless of this wealth, a huge number of seniors cannot afford to do necessary repairs to their homes after they retire and are living on a fixed income. This makes aging at home sometimes difficult since they cannot afford to do necessary repairs or update thei…read more.
- We are encouraged to always save and plan for the future. However, despite all the plans that we make, we sometimes come up short. It is not necessarily that one failed to plan but maybe because of some unexpected event that can changed our plans. On the other hand, some people simply don’t plan for their retirement. If you own your ho…read more.
- A Reverse mortgage is a home loan that is for senior homeowners 62 years or older which requires no monthly mortgage payment. It allows the homeowner to access some of the home equity that they have accumulated over the years and defers the payment of the loan until they move, sell or die. Because no mortgage payment is required, the inte…read more.
- A Reverse mortgage can be a very good source of financial support for the elderly during their retirement. However, some people do not know there are different types of reverse mortgages. Senior citizens should know that they are eligible for reverse mortgage when they are at least 62 years old and have some equity…even if your spouse is y…read more.
- Reverse mortgages can be a very good source of financial support for the elderly during their retirement years. However, there are a number of different types of reverse mortgages. Senior’s 62 and over, with adequate equity are eligible for a reverse mortgage. Your house does not necessarily have to be fully paid in order for you to ta…read more.
- A reverse mortgage can be a great financial tool for seniors who want to age in the comfort and safety of their home. It is very important that you understand all things related to a reverse mortgage. Reverse mortgages are complex and confusing to some people. Below are some of the things that one should know concerning a reverse mortgage. …read more.
- When it comes to a reverse mortgage, Hawaii retirees have a valuable tool at their disposal, which they can use as part of their financial strategy to finance their retirement. Reverse mortgage loans have many features that can benefit seniors sixty-two years or older who are looking to supplement their retirement income. Below are som…read more.
- Having retired, and without a regular, consistent income, many seniors find themselves struggling financially to make ends meet and having to start looking for a part time job. A viable solution to this problem may be a Hawaii reverse mortgage, which allows borrowers 62 and over to tap into the existing home equity without ever having to…read more.
- The popularity of Reverse Mortgages has been growing rapidly over the last few years. Today, thousands of retirees have applied for a reverse mortgage, which they are using to improve the quality of life in their retirement years. After the few rough years experienced by the financial markets, many seniors are worried about how they will…read more.
- Reverse mortgages are loans that are available to homeowners 62 and over, which allows the retiree to convert a portion of their home equity into liquid cash. The reverse mortgage is a product that was conceived to help retirees who have limited income and resources use their accumulated equity in their home to live a more comfortable life …read more.
- Hawaii Reverse Mortgage Requirements For some retirees, a reverse mortgage in Hawaii could be a lifesaver. Under the right circumstances, the reverse mortgage will allow you to live in the house for the rest of your life, without having to make a mortgage payment. Many lenders only tell you about the “qualification” requ…read more.
- If you’re 62 or above and a homeowner living in Hawaii, then a reverse mortgage is an excellent way to tap into your equity. A Hawaii Reverse Mortgage allows homeowners to tap into a portion of that equity and use the funds for whatever they choose. Moreover, the home remains in your name, exactly like a conventional mortgage—and you…read more.
- The Society of Certified Senior Advisors The society of Certified Senior Advisors is the world’s largest nationally accredited membership organization, educating and certifying professionals who serve seniors (accredited through the National Commission for Certifying Agencies). What is a CSA? (Certified Senior Advisor) SCSA educat…read more.
- Hawaii Reverse Mortgages with Aloha Mortgage Solutions Senior Resources – Local And National We have compiled a great set of resources to help seniors of any knowledge level to learn more about the services and programs available to them, with reverse mortgage resources as well as a variety of other services ranging…read more.
- Reverse Mortgages Hawaii with Aloha Mortgage Solutions Get Answers To Your Reverse Mortgage Questions Here! What is a Reverse Mortgage? Is a reverse mortgage similar to a home equity loan (Home Equity Line of Credit – HELOC)? Are there maximum or minimum income requirements to get a reverse mortgage? What are the advantages of…read more.
- Reverse Mortgages with Aloha Mortgage Solutions Are reverse mortgages safe? The Top 10 reasons why the HECM Reverse Mortgage has been praised as one of the Safest Senior Programs Ever Created. Reverse Mortgages never have a monthly mortgage payment! You cannot default on the loan, and your home can never be foreclosed on for any r…read more.
- In this article, we will take a closer look at the ways in which a reverse mortgage can help you to fund your retirement, as well as how you can select the best reverse mortgage lender in your area. Guaranteed Reverse Mortgages One of the more popular forms of reverse mortgages is the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM), which…read more.
- A reverse mortgage is a loan which allows the owners of a property to utilize a portion of their home's equity with no monthly “mortgage” payment for as long as they remain in their home. A reverse mortgage is only available to those seniors that are aged 62 or older. This makes it ideal for seniors that are on a fixed in…read more.
- A reverse mortgage is a loan against the home available only to those 62 or over who have adequate equity. It can be used on either a single family residence or condominium (as long as the condo meets FHA approval). It allows the senior homeowner to tap into the equity of their home without having to sell and move from the comfort an…read more.
- A reverse mortgage can eliminate your monthly mortgage payment or if you have no mortgage, can give you cash from your equity to use however you chose. The loan does not have to be paid back until the remaining homeowner sells or passes away. You must still pay your property taxes and homeowners insurance, and maintain the home to FH…read more.
- If you are considering a reverse mortgage than you should also be considering which reverse mortgage lender you want to use. Not all lenders are the same and this applies to reverse mortgage lenders in Hawaii as well. Of course you want to get the lowest rate and the lowest closing costs. And you want to get the type of reverse mortga…read more.
- A Hawaii reverse mortgage may be the solution you have been looking for. If you are age 62 or older and have equity in your home you may be eligible. Reverse Mortgages are regulated by the federal government. Senior’s you are faced with inflation and other unexpected bills that Social Security or pension may not cover. By taking…read more.
- There are a lot of misconception about Hawaii reverse mortgages. To most seniors, they "sound too good to be true The reality is a Hawaii reverse mortgage can be a great way to pay for the retirement you always hoped for. Reverse mortgages are regulated and insured by FHA. At a certain point in life you should not have to work or worry …read more.
- Sometimes, despite the best plans, we come up short. This can happen for a number of reasons, including events we could never have dreamed would happen. If you own a home in Hawaii, then you must have worked very hard to make your dreams a reality. However, even in paradise things can go wrong. As a growing number of seniors…read more.
- Reverse Mortgages with Aloha The top 6 things every family member should know. WHAT IS A REVERSE MORTGAGE? A reverse mortgage is a unique, versatile loan that allows homeowners age 62 and over (who wish to remain in their home) to convert a portion of their home equity into tax-free cash without having to sell their ho…read more.
- When you need money, and you have a home, there are certain financial avenues open to you. These only increase with age. If you are a senior citizen who owns a home in Hawaii, then you can take advantage of a reverse mortgage in Hawaii. Reverse mortgages can be very confusing. However, simply put, a reverse mortgage is a hom…read more.
- A reverse mortgage can solve a lot of problems. If you own a home and are over 62 years of age, then you may be sitting on a lot of unused equity. A portion of the equity in your home can be converted into cash for your personal use. However, as with every financial decision comes the need to take a closer look at what the pros a…read more.
- Effective April 27, 2015, anyone applying for a reverse mortgage will be required to pass a 'Financial Assessment.' The intent of these new guidelines is to ensure reverse mortgage borrowers will be able to afford to pay their property taxes and homeowners insurance along with their living expenses. These changes are designed to …read more.
- A Hawaii reverse mortgage can put an end to your monthly mortgage payment forever! Don't you deserve to live comfortably and retain ownership of your home at the same time? You've invested a lifetime, now it is time to reap the rewards! As you approach your retirement years, you begin to realize how important planning for a comfortable r…read more.
- A Hawaii reverse mortgage can put an end to your monthly mortgage payment forever! Don’t you deserve to live comfortably and retain ownership of your home at the same time? You’ve invested a lifetime, now it is time to reap the rewards! As you approach your retirement years, you begin to realize how important planning for…read more.
- Reverse mortgages can be a difficult concept to understand, especially when you hear such conflicting information about it. You may not know whether a reverse mortgage will improve or hurt your financial circumstances. If you are a good candidate for a reverse mortgage, you can lower your bills and give yourself another reliable source o…read more.
Call or email to find out how much you may be eligible for:
(Never an obligation)
Hawaii Reverse Mortgage
(808) 799-8218 (Oahu)
1-888-423-2468 (Neighbor Islands)
Mon - Sat: 9 AM - 7 PM